Happy Monday! The weather is unusually hot for this time of year and my students are exhausted, so here is a treat for them!
No, I’m not talking about cupcakes!
And it’s not ice cream either!
It’s some reported speech homework!
Most of the sentences are quotes from the novels that we have reviewed this year, and some are from books we will hopefully review in the future!
I promise I’ll post the answers soon… Just a tip: if there is more than one sentence, use “and”!
- Edward said: ”I’m trying. If it gets to be… too much, I’m fairly sure I’ll be able to leave” from Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer.
- My mother said to me: “Remember. I love you. They cannot take it”, from Delirium, by Lauren Oliver
- He said to me : “Becoming fearless isn’t the point. That’s impossible. It’s learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it” from Divergent, by Veronica Roth
- She said to me : “This is the time of the night I like best, when most people are asleep and it feels like the world belongs completely to my friends and me, as though nothing exists apart from our little circle: everywhere else is darkness and quiet” from Before I fall, by Lauren Oliver
- Tatiana said to him: “You will fall away from me in just a while, and I’ll be whole again, and I will go on and feel for someone else, the way everybody does”, from The Bronze Horseman, by Paullina Simons.
- Jamie said to Claire: “Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.” , from Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon
- I said to my mother: “Why do you have to use me to show off?” from The Joy Luck Club, by Amy Tan.
- I wondered:“What must it be like, to live in a world where food appears at the press of a button?”, from The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
- Anne asked: “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” from Anne of Green Gables, by L.M Montgomery
- She asked Jace: ‘Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?’ …. He replied: “Unfortunately, my one true love remains myself” from City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare
Enjoy these quotes, and just think, soon enough, you’ll be picking seashells by the seashore! And, if you have the time and feel like having a sweet treat, you can find the recipes for the cupcakes and the ice cream at http://www.objetivocupcake.com and http://www.larecetadelafelicidad.com!